Sunday, May 27, 2007
I survived what I called torture land at first, but now it's totally far from that. I'm missing Pahang so much. At first I didn't even wanna go to Pahang. No it's not cause I dread the things we would be going through, I'm sporty okay! (Right Victoria? :D) But it's cause I would miss the people in Singapore.
Kay let's talk about the whole camp! Firstly we were split into 3 different groups.
Explorers- Caving, Abseiling, Shooting Rapids
Monday
Slept for only 3hours and had to get up already. Cabbed to school with Ys & Venice. Assembled in the hall and admin stuff was settled. I cried, cause I didn't wanna go cause I'll miss darling :(
Boarded the bus soon after and off we are to Pahang! I slept the whole bus journey to Pahang. The only time I woke up was to alight from the bus to eat/take a break. Everyone was calling me a pig. I love to sleep and can sleep easily what :D Anw we departed at around 8am and reached Gelanggi at around 6pm.
The Explorers slept in a cave. Our tents were pitched for us already, and the cave had shelter. But the tedious thing was that we had to climb 58 steps (if I'm not wrong) each time we wanted to go up/down.
There, this is the long flight of stairs (38 steps) we had to climb. There's still more, plus it's slopped. So just climbing this alone can drain out quite abit of energy.
So we dropped our stuffs and headed back down for dinner and a bit of games. I learnt the As we walk to the left.. song. It's really very cute! Haha. After that, we could sleep already. Waited till around midnight and Venice, SY, Billie & I went to bathe.
I bunked in with PeiYin, the rest of them had to sleep 3 people per tent muahaha. Guess what. Sleeping in a tent was comfortable. I could sleep so soundly heh. Venice came to bunk in with us.
I must mention that the stars in Pahang are so pretty. The sky feel so near to you. Just a stretch to the sky and you'll be able to reach for the stars and the sky. A sight you'll never be able to see in Singapore.
Tuesday
The Explorers split further into 2 groups: Group A, B + half of C. Group D, E + other half of C. So the first group abseiled and the latter (which I was in) went caving!
We had to walk on mud, slippery paths, walk through muddy waters which made our shoes soaked in mud water. I'm really so thankful for Zhi Rong, Samuel, Liew Yung, Justin. They helped us a lot. Thank you very much :)
We went to a total of 4 caves. My, the caves are so beautiful. I'm seriously very amazed by the caves. It's.. magnificent! Especially one, where there were rays of light (aka holy light) shining from the hole from the top of the cave.
At night, we had solo drop. I wasn't scared cause I ain't afraid of the dark and how scary can the jungle be? They wouldn't put us through something which isn't safe. Some people were scared and cried. Solo drop didn't sound as scary as it sounded! We were just alone in the jungle at night, sitting down for 1 and a half to 2 hours. The trainers were trying hard to scare us but to no avail. I fell asleep :/ Haha.
Venice, SY, Billie & I lied on the ground to see the night sky at around 4am, where everyone was asleep in their tents. No we didn't sneak out, our teachers kinda allowed. Once again, I must emphasize on how awesome the sky looked. I simply lied down and just smiled to myself. Peace and tranquility, how great <3
Wednesday
Happy Birthday Korkor! <3
It was our turn to do abseiling. I did the easiest one quite easily. But the second one, where Venice was stuck on top for 48mins (lol) was another story. I was kinda afraid when I was on top. But Spiderman and another trainer was damn nice! They kept encouraging me :) I love them! At first I told the trainer 'I cannot lah, pull me back up please!!' I was almost close to tears. But in the end I still managed to complete it. It was the front part which was difficult.
At night, we had nightwalk. My whole group was girls. We were scared by the trainers who suddenly hopped out from no where and a falling tree.
Victoria fell really sick and was brought to the hospital and then to the hotel. Victoria, get well soon! Explorers were really concerned over her.
It was the very last night we were gonna stay in the cave. I was kinda sad, cause I couldn't bare to leave the place! Just to think of it on Monday I was still counting how long more to go back to Singapore. But now.. sigh. Even the stars refused to shine :( And I was damn unlucky, my period came -.-
Thursday
Happy Birthday Dominic! <3
(It was my both brother's birthday on 23rd and 24th)
We had free time in the morning after breakfast while waiting for the bus to come. We learnt our Explorer cheer and played a lot of games. Learnt a few song cum game such as Concentration and Lychee Kang. Took pictures too.
The bus came at around 10.30 and the trainers sang us the Sayonara song. My, I cried. I dunno.. I feel that I belong to Pahang. Ask me to choose between the countryside and city, I would choose the Countryside. Just like Pahang and Singapore, I'll probably choose Pahang.

Canopy Walk.
Then, we took the same wooden cum speed boat to have our shooting rapids. I was having my period so I was really damn afraid.. I took a poncho and covered myself. The shooting rapids was kinda boring. I was expecting more. Anw we got wet cause boats VS boats. We just splashed water at each other.
The wooden cum speed boat.
Boarded the bus and headed for the Plantation Resort for our reunion dinner where we met the Rangers and Hunters. Caught up with people and Mr Ho talked to all of us. Teachers shared about the experiences the 3 different groups gained. Watched videos on the whole Resilience Camp.
The feeling was just so warm. I loved it. After everything, Chloe & I went to talk to the trainers. I took picture with Spiderman! :D And yeah, I cried again cause I just can't bare to see them go like that. Sigh.
Spiderman!!!
Spiderman, me, Chloe.
Before we knew it, we were on the bus to the train station.
Friday
I spilled hot water over my feet and Mei Shan's thighs. I was so clumsy cause the train was really very shaky. I feel so bad. Sorry Mei Shan! Anw thank you Guo Wei for helping me cross that thing, if not I would have fell off the train and would have died. I was freezing in the bus cause I was in my fbts!
Slept most of the journey but got awaken by some jokers haha. Went back with Girlfriends. And... I freaking lost my wallet. Inside was alot alot of cash plus my EZ link card. Thank God I'm smart enough to bring only this two items and change it to another wallet. But it was the wallet Jollin bought for me for my 2005 birthday present :( Venice lost her wallet like an hour after I did. Damn. Hers was even worst. More cash was lost.
Loss = More than $200 -.-
Ate Macs for lunch and shaker fries are back again! Went home bathed and slept for awhile and I went out to meet darling. We went to ECP. We went to see stars. Wo ke yi pei ni qu kan xing xing :)
Overall, friendships no doubt were forged and the dislike for someone has deceased :) I've really learnt how to count my blessings. I just couldn't stop complaining about the countless bugs in the toilet. But compared to the Hunters and Rangers, they didn't even have proper toilets to bathe in!
5 days passed so quickly just like that. Goodbye Trainers and Pahang. I do really miss you. I wanna go back to Pahang sometime real soon! I would give up almost anything to go back there. It beats studying, really!
5:21 PM ♥